I searched (maybe don't know what to ask) so if this has been discussed,
please point me in the right direction.

I am attempting to write an LDAP client on z/OS that will bind to AD running
on Windows 2003 Server using the C API.  The ldap_init() returns 0 and seems
to connect OK (the only problem I have with this is that I tried an invalid
server name and still got a return code 0).  When I issue the
ldap_sasl_bind()/ldap_request(), I get an error back indicating that the
user is not defined (return code 49, data 525 error).  For the DN string
("who" parameter), I have tried "cn=user.name,o=company,c=US",
"uid=user.name", etc. (everything I can think of anyway) in both codepage
1047 and 1252 all with the same results.  BTW, when I use the invalid LDAP
server name, I get a completely different error so apparently, the
connection is fine.

Has anyone been successful with this and if so, what the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Hammack