Are you using IDCAMS to do the predelete in the first step ? ... If so you
can set the maxcc (SET MAXCC=0) ... Or if using IEFBR14 to do the delete,
set the disp to (MOD,DELETE) ...

"esmie moo" <esmie_...@yahoo.ca>
Sent by: "IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
07/04/2010 03:50 PM
Please respond to
"IBM Mainframe Discussion List" <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
JCL QUESTION

Good Morning Gentle Readers,

I have a problem with a batch job which keeps failing on a JCL error.  The
first step deletes the dsn and the second step recreates the dsn using
PGM=IDCAMS. Is there a way of having the job continue to execute STEP2
even though it posts a jcl error (dsn not found) in STEP1.  I looked at
using COND=EVEN but it doesn't work because the job did not abend to meet
the condition.

Is there another way of going about having the job continue to STEP2
eventhough STEP1 has a jcl error?

Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

This e-mail message, including any attachments transmitted with it, is
CONFIDENTIAL and may contain legally privileged information. This message is
addressed. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately and delete it from your system. Please visit our website to read
the full disclaimer: http://www.euroclear.com/site/public/disclaimer