-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Kelman, Tom
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 10:04 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: JCL QUESTION

Just a warning about using SPACE=(TRK,0).  We had a job that used that
and it all of a sudden started getting abends with a message that there
was no space defined.  Our storage folks had just set up SMS for VSAM
Extended for that specific group of datasets.  It appears that once you
do that it closes a hole that allowed the SPACE=(TRK,0) specification.
We had to change it to SPACE=(TRK,1) which worked.
<SNIP>

Uh, won't this break the ability to create a model 1 DSCB?

But then, the reasons for having such have probably gone away.

Regards,
Steve Thompson