ref: http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/IEA2B690/17.1.4

<quote>
If you specify a stepname as part of a relational-expression, the system
first determines whether the step executed. If the step did not execute,
the evaluation of the relational-expression is false.
</quote>

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets(r)

(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell