On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 03:48:32 -0500, Barbara Nitz <nitz-...@gmx.net> wrote:

>Unscientific survey:
>
>How many of you use truly non-SMS-managed LOGR datasets?

We still have some.  I "discovered" them in one of our sysplexes a
couple of years ago after a space problem (they go to storage volumes).
Most of that has been changed to a new HLQ and SMS control, but I guess
the person that was working on changing this didn't get everything or get
the owners of the logstream to change.

>As in: Using
>the two model data sets and an IEFDB401 exit that specifies the DALLIKE text
>unit?

That part, no.

>How many of you 'share' a pool of DASD (for LOGR data sets) in two SMSs?

Yes again.  See past posts of mine where I talk about this.   Also, see
where I talked about sharing dump data sets across multiple SMSplexes
and sysplexes (in an MII environment).

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net