On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 14:19:00 -0500, Mark Zelden <mzel...@flash.net> wrote:

>FIXCAT(
>  IBM.ProductInstall-RequiredService
>  IBM.Coexistence.z/OS.V1R11
>      ).
>
>Don't ask me why I found some 1.11 PTFs that were mentioned in the
>PSP buckets coded with "IBM.Coexistence.z/OS.V1R11" instead of
>"IBM.ProductInstall-RequiredService".  Unless I'm wrong, fixes for 1.11
>shouldn't have coexistence for 1.11 tags.  Maybe the person who coded
>these PTFs didn't understand FIXCAT (no, I didn't open a PMR on this).
>
>Mark

Mark,
Coexistence maintenance can also have the
"IBM.ProductInstall-RequiredService" FIXCAT associated with it.  It depends
on particular APAR, and there are several in that category.

Also, I've seen at least one APAR where there was coexistence PTF for that
release's coexistence!  For example, that may be appropriate when a change
in R11 was necessary to make the toleration on lower releases simpler and
that R11 code hadn't been put there originally :).  Remember, the FIXCAT
applies to all PTFs for that APAR, and we cannot selectively have the FIXCAT
for some PTFs on an APAR and not for others.

Hope this helps explain what you may be seeing,
-Marna WALLE
z/OS System Build and Install