This story becomes quite interesting
Up to now when some company was trying to enter this market they could buy
and sell each other ( we remember PSI or T3 )
But this time what they are talking about a breach of patent by a Q public
license software named Hercules.
I am definitely no lawyer but technically Turbohercules is only using this
Open Source stuff ( well not exactly open source i think)  that has been
around for a few years without any complain.
I do not see how IBM can buy a Q Public License emulator because the fact
that it is public means it is not for sale ( well i guess ) .
So where will they go from now ? I am puzzled
There was another interesting counter article here worried by other
virtualisation patent in other emulation software :
http://www.computerworlduk.com/community/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2891&blogid=14

Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:52:48 -0500, McKown, John
<john.mck...@healthmarkets.com> wrote:

>Counter points.
>
><quote>Why I Believe IBM is Free to Sue The Pants Off TurboHercules</quote>
>http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20100408153953613
>
><quote>The recent attacks on IBM patent use by some in the open-source
community are way out of line.</quote>
>http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/opinions/7034/1/
>
><quote>Linux Foundation say "breathe easy" on IBM patents</quote>
>http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Linux-Foundation-say-breathe-easy-on-IBM-patents-972747.html
>

><quote>IBM's Open Source Patent Pledge </quote>
>http://www.linux.com/news/featured-blogs/158-jim-zemlin/299092-ibms-open-source-patent-pledge
>
>--
>John McKown
>Systems Engineer IV
>IT
>
>Administrative Services Group
>
>HealthMarkets(r)
>
>9151 Boulevard 26 * N. Richland Hills * TX 76010
>(817) 255-3225 phone * (817)-961-6183 cell
>john.mck...@healthmarkets.com * www.HealthMarkets.com
>
>Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message may contain confidential or
proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
message. HealthMarkets(r) is the brand name for products underwritten and
issued by the insurance subsidiaries of HealthMarkets, Inc. -The Chesapeake
Life Insurance Company(r), Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of
TennesseeSM and The MEGA Life and Health Insurance Company.SM