On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 07:06:20 +0000, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

>>It would be a lot simpler (at least for me) if SCRT was distributed as a load
>>module.
>Having the object embedded in JCL is a point a failure.
>
>I agree.
>
>>Its just too easy to make changes by mistake.
>
>What we ended up doing was moving the job to production which had a standard
>of no instream data.

I guess I see the rationale for the rule.

>So, we would manually separate the object module, and the parameter file into
>external datasets.

But, does adding a processing step lessen the likelihood of error?

>It's still an error-prone procedure, but it's the best we couls do.

Does IBM suppy a checksum for this thing?  It's easy enough to verify
a checksum with:

    cp -B "//'JCL.DATA.SET(MEMBER'" /dev/fd/0 | cksum

and to use SuperC to verify that changes are made only in the JCL
or by removing the JCL.

-- gil