SNIP

I think if you read the docs more carefully, you will
find there are no "CONTROL LOCK" nor "CONTROL LINE"
commands. The command you want is perhaps:

CONTROL DISPLAY LOCK which locks the keyboard while
the next panel is DISPLAYed

So you could issue

CONTROL DISPLAY LOCK
DISPLAY
process
process
process
DISPLAY <- this will unlock the keyboard

Alternatively, you could bound a standard DISPLAY using:

CONTROL DISPLAY SAVE

   display, tbdispl, browse, view, or edit

CONTROL DISPLAY RESTORE

it all depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

As far as working under test, it's hard to tell from
your post. You might try getting to READY prompt and
bringing up ISPF in TRACE mode:

ISPF TRACEX

then you should start out in trace mode.

HTH.

END SNIP

    Steve,

    Thanks for the response.  typo on  my part.  The ISPF call that I am
exeuting from my program is CONTROL DISPLAY LOCK and CONTROl DISPLAY LINE.  I
was not aware you could start ISPF with traceing turned on.  I will give that a
shot.  Thanks.

    --Dave