On 20 April 2010 19:09, Sam Siegel <s...@pscsi.net> wrote:

> With all of the discussion about APF and loading programs from various types
> of libraries, I'm hoping someone can provide some clarification for
> me regarding the ADRNAPF of the load macro.
>
> The doc indicates that a module can be loaded from a non-apf library
> when ADRNAPF is used from an authorized program in supervisor state.  The
> doc further states that the it is the loading programs responsibility to
> ensure that program loaded from the non-apf library receives control in
> problem state.
>
> Please confirm that when the non-apf program receives control in problem
> state, it cannot change to supervisor state, discounting the possibility of
> using a magic svc, etc.

How do you propose to pass control to your newly loaded code in
problem state? If you just MODESET to problem state and BALR, then
presumably the called program could issue a MODESET back to supervisor
state, just like any other code running in an APF authorized job step.
If not, then one must assume that the jobstep has lost APF
authorization, and that seems most unlikely in this context.

If you use SYNCH or ATTACH with JSTCB=YES, then you're in a whole
different world, but System Integrity is still very much your
responsibility.

Be careful.

Tony H.