From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Mark Zelden
Sent: Thursday, 22 April 2010 5:20 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Getting Partition name defined in the IODF

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 22:35:40 +0800, Vatsal z/OS <vatsal...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks Mark,
>Can we get the same data for all the lpars in the same sysplex as well?
>Thanks once again.

The value I showed was for "this system".   The information for "this CPC"
(all the LPARs on this CPC, not sysplex) is available from the hardware,
but "you can't get there from here" in REXX.   At least not that I know of.
Perhaps by using the RMF  API, if RMF was active in the plex.   But
there is no guarantee of that.

If you are really want to look at what's defined in the IODF, perhaps get
the current IODF name (see code in IPLINFO) and run an HCD report
and extract the names from that.   That would get you CF partitions,
Linux, VM, etc.

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net