Found the problem
If go into ISPF/EDIT on the ds it chops off trailing blanks

Thankx

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 23, 2010, at 9:48 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 06:16:57 -0500, Jim Marshall wrote:

I am reproing a VB qsam file to Variable KSDS
When I look the VB qsam in ISPF there are 50 trailing blanks at the
end of the record However after the repro
The 50 trailing blanks get trucated

Had the same problem debugging some VB data and learned ISPF lies to you and makes you think there are trailing blanks (even turned HEX ON). Thanks to Greg Price and REVIEW (a tool everyone should have installed - FREE) it
showed me the real story.

Rephrasing my previous post.  What do you mean by "ISPF"?  Did you use
Browse?  I suspect you unwittingly used View (which is now the default
in the ISPF Browse menu, for better or worse).  The behaviors are
different, and I have found Browse to be honest.

-- gil