From: John H Kington <john.king...@convergys.com>
Subject: Re: SMS-ISMF QUESTION
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu

John,

>I noticed that in ISMF the PHYSICAL STATUS (COL 22) of a volume is NONSMS.
>However when it do a D SMS,VOLUME(IDSPPF) it shows >that the volume is in the
>correct STORAGE GROUP.
>How could I go about correcting this problem besides reinitializing the pack?
>I looked at the DFDSS doc and it has the CONVERTV SMS  >example:
>CONVERTV -
>SMS -
>DYNAM(D9S060)
>
>Would this be an appropriate solution?

Yes. Adding STORAGEGROUP to your ICKDSF init statement when you initialize a
SMS-managed volume will prevent this situation from recurring.

Regards,
John

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity
to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or
otherwise confidential.  If you have received this electronic mail transmission
in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it,
and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone (collect), so
that the sender's address records can be corrected.