I have a Rexx EXEC which has worked well for many
years, (with occasional enhancements).  It runs under
IKJEFT01, with a temporary PDS allocated to a DDNAME
(say SYSUT2) in JCL.

It creates members with a SAS utility which supports
the construct "dd:SYSUT2(member)" for output.

Suddenly I have a requirement to create a directory
alias for "member".  TSO "RENAME membername aliasname
ALIAS" doesn't even come close: SYSUT2 is not catalogued
(and I'd prefer not to catalogue it), and I don't know
its DSNAME (and I'd prefer not to know it).

Any suggestions?  Would ISPF/LMF help me?  Can ISPF/LMF
create aliases?

A following IEBCOPY step will unload the temporary PDS
to tape.  Can I create aliases with IEBCOPY?  Can an
intervening utility create the aliases?

Thanks,
gil
--