With a STC your msgclass is defined in JES.  Depending on your z/OS level
you can start your STC as follows

S LOGWDSJ,MSGCLASS=?? Change ?? to the class that allows the Output to be
held on JES or at least not printed/purged.

Then you can see what is going on.

When you use SYSOUT=* in an STC it defaults the class to what is defined in
JES for Started Tasks.  You can say SYSOUT=X (for example) if X is your Held
class in your STC JCL to hard code the correct class.

You need to review the JES2 USERs guide to understand how the different
elements of JCL are coded.

An STC gets its JCL typically from a JES PROCLIB.  The Security (USER) is
handled through your Security product.  You can see what user is assigned
when the task is started.  Look in SYSLOG.  Syslog should also show you any
security messages for your STC.  See if you are getting any when the GDG
allocation occurs.

A JCL gets its security from the submitting user's security.

You need to work with your security group to make sure the STC has the
appropriate security for running in your environment.

In RACF this is the STARTED Table (IIRC).

If you are not the sys prog, you will need to contact them to determine
correct SYSOUT Class to use for your process.

Lizette