Howard Brazee said this:
> I need to find a PDS member, and I know it starts with QA05.
> Trouble is, I don't know the name of the PDS.
> (The person who created it retired).
> I suspect the PDS is archived off.
> What do you recommend?

SCANPDS may be exactly what you need, and it's described here:
  http://gsf-soft.com/Products/SCANPDS.shtml

IIRC, the problem with archived data sets is that you don't know their DSORG,
i.e. which ones are PDSes or PDSEs.  SCANPDS, by default, does NOT RECALL
archives data sets, but if you specify the RECALL option, it does it, and
chances are that it will RECALL many non-PDS data sets.  For example, you can
specify  SCANPDS JOHNDOE.** MEMBERS(QA05*) RECALL  and it will RECALL all
JOHNDOE.** data sets that are migrated, and look for QA05* members.
Again, this will RECALL non-PDS data sets, which is not good.

--
 Gilbert Saint-Flour
 GSF Software