In our development environment, we have dozens of Websphere App servers
running, and we only have one zAAP (on a z10-704).

The aggravation is that we have significant overflow of zAAP eligible
workload to GP engines, despite the zAAP being nowhere near 100% busy
(whereas all the GPs are 100% busy, pretty much 24x7! with a slight respite
at weekends.).

With Hiperdispatch off, ZAAPAWMT is 12000, and with it turned on, it gets
reduced to 3200 (I think these are standard values, rather than site
specific).

I am anticipating that increasing the ZAAPAWMT value would help raise the
utilisation of the zAAP, thus reducing the impact on the GP engines.
Does anyone have any experience of altering the ZAAPAWMT values with
Hiperdispatch turned on?

Or is conventional wisdom not to mess with the IBM defaults?

Would be grateful for any insights/experience anyone may have on this
subject.

Thanks.