FTP works fine to system1/hfs1.

I do not have the ability to do that with system2/hfs2 at the moment.

Rgrds, Joseph Sumi

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Terry Sambrooks
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2010 12:58 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: gif,doc,html - LRECL's

Hi Joseph,

With regard to your desire to move gifs, docs, and HTML around.

Like Paul, I would query the need for the z/OS Sequential file at all.

Instead of IND$FILE, FTP is more useful here.

I have used both the Windows supplied FTP, and GlobalSCAPE's CuteFTP to
perform this function transmitting direct from the PC hard drive to the
target HFS folder of my choice.

I tend to keep the master copies of such items on the PC as it is more
convenient for a variety of reasons.

In the context of FTP it should be possible to ship from one z/OS System
another all things being equal.

Kind Regards - Terry

Director
KMS-IT Limited
228 Abbeydale Road South
Dore
Sheffield
S17 3LA
UK

Reg : 3767263

Outgoing e-mails have been scanned, but it is the recipients
responsibility
to ensure their anti-virus software is up to date.