After considering the issue again I decided to XMIT the dump datasets .
so now i xmit the large dump and then send them to a windows FTP server .
When trying to get them back .
A receive on those file is finished but not successful. the Receive command
allocate the Dump datasets but stop restoring after 1% usage of the dataset
although it return a successful completion.

when entering this subject after succeeding to send a 2GB xmit datasets and
getting them back successfully .
I didn't imagine  to myself it will not work with larger datasets.

Any suggestion on How to over come this problem will be appreciate

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:46 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 May 2010 13:26:47 -0400, Bob Woodside wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday 05 May 2010, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm mystified.  I use Filezilla server for SMP/E RECEIVE FROMNETWORK,
> >
> >I regularly use the FileZilla client on Windows, Linux, and Solaris
> >workstations to connect to both the MVS and Unix sides of z/OS with no
> >problem.
> >
> >However, there are a couple of caveats:
> >
> >You need an up to date version - older versions of the FileZilla indeed
> >didn't understand the Unix side of z/OS. The oldest version I can find
> >on any of my workstations id 3.0.1, which works fine.
> >
> >You need to specify the server type as Unix under the Advanced tab to
> >access you Unix filesystem.
> >
> I don't use Filezilla client.  Is it a GUI?  I avoid GUI FTP clients.
> FTP is broken as specified for GUI use:
>
> The format of the reply to LIST or NLST is not specified, and
> dependent on the server system type.  It was the assumption of
> the design that the reply would be presented as text to a human
> being at a terminal, who would be familiar with the conventions
> of the server and know how to proceed.  The RFC does not even
> provide any uniform way to know which entries in the reply text
> are directories and which are basefiles.  Accordingly, the
> GUI client must contain artificial intelligence to know the
> conventions of each supported server.
>
> z/OS is particularly problematic in that the format of the reply
> differs radically according to whether the PWD is:
>
> o A legacy data set prefix
>
> o A PDS directory
>
> o A Unix directory
>
> Further, it's possible to CD to a partial prefix that doesn't
> even appear in the responses to LIST or NLST.
>
> This could be resolved by an extension to the FTP RFC specifying
> a new command with a standard format for directory listings.  But
> there's too little demand to make this likely.  And this should
> be done with a newer, secure protocol such as SFTP that doesn't
> transmit passwords in the clear and that doesn't require the
> backsocked for data that's problematic for firewalls.
>
> -- gil

best regards,
matan cohen
MF System Administrator.