On Tue, 25 May 2010 03:54:53 -0700, Walter Marguccio
<walter_marguc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> TSO logon procs with large DD lists is also a no-no - see Toms dynamic
stuff to help there.

>Luckily we have a handful of TSO users here, and Toms dynamic stuff ia
already in place.

> Shared catalogs on HCD defined SHARED volumes generated enormous >traffic.
> But you're probably already suffering all that - or not, in which case you
won't >care.

>Exactly. All our catalogs are shared. I need to keep an eye on this, so far
I >didn't notice
>anything bad.

>Thanks for the tips.
>
>Walter Marguccio
>z/OS Systems Programmer
>BELENUS LOB Informatic
>GmbH
>Munich - Germany

I really have no idea how expensive CA-MIM is, but if performance is
not acceptable, you may want to consider it.   It always ran circles around
GRS Ring (although GRS ring via XCF is probably better than GRS owning the
CTCs).    My client runs an 8 system MIMplex across 2 sysplexes and gets
very good performance.   Not as good as the 9 system GRS Star sysplex,
but that is comparing apples and oranges.  MIM can run in a CF also if
the scope is sysplex.

With 4 systems in your ring, you are probably already pushing the limits.
I recall (years ago, before XCF) a client of mine adding a 3rd system to
a GRS ring and the CA-1 scratch runs doubled in wall clock time due
to catalog performance.

Mark
mailto:mzel...@flash.net