>And when libraries get updated, we can get burned if we don't understand how
>updated specifications apply or don't apply to our business.

Yes, I know.
I worked for an international wholesaler, with 34 offices in 23 countries, and
(especially) applib updates always caused grief.

Sometimes, we stayed years behind (anathema to me), and I understood the
reasons.

BTW, to us, the whole SOX compliance was a joke to us.
Canadian financial regulations were still stricter than the 'new' requirements.
Britain, as well.

It was:
Got it!
Got it!