Martin Kline wrote:

I find this interesting. Just recently, list members were objecting that
limiting a user's access to resources (in that case it was memory) was
probably keeping them from doing their job. Where are they now?

The argument was that if a user was requesting a resource, they MUST NEED
IT for their job. This seems like a very similar situation. Why not allow
the users access to all of ISPF, and depend on their honorable nature to
only use those functions that they need to do their job?

Your confusion is due to an unfortunate use of the word "resource" in two wholly-different contexts.

RACF stands for Resource Access Control Facility. But, the "resources" it protects have nothing whatsoever to do with CPU time or virtual storage.

I suppose, if we could convince Mr. Peabody to use the Wayback Machine to take us to the meeting where RACF's moniker was invented, we could insist on a more-appropriate one, like PCF = Permissions Control Facility. :-\
--
| Edward E. Jaffe                |                                |