From: "Frank Swarbrick" <frank.swarbr...@efirstbank.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 8:00:22 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: PROG750

That is the manual.  Cool, thanks.  Looks like my issue is 750
'Incorrect command received'.

Makes "sense".  It's definitely a 3270 emulator issue with our "screen
scraping" product.  This is our first day on z/OS in production and
while there were some other issues this is one i've been working on for
four hours.  Think I'm getting a handle on it, in any case.

Thanks!
Frank
--

Frank Swarbrick
Applications Architect - Mainframe Applications Development

On 5/30/2010 at 8:48 PM, in message <9e61a.1960201a.39347...@aol.com>,
<rbot...@aol.com> wrote:
> Here's a link to some. I've also included others which include ones
from
> the link:
>
> _http://publibz

.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/CN7S8001/2.23?SHELF=EZ2HW125&DT=1
> [...]
(http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/CN7S8001/2.23?SHE

> LF=EZ2HW125&DT=19940419144012)
>
> Input Inhibit Indicators
>
> Input Inhibited (Columns 9-17) This message accompanies the X in
column 9,
> and explains why input is inhibited.
>

> X    Time is required for the host system to perform a function.
> X SYSTEM  The host system has locked your keyboard.  See if a
message
> appears. Wait, or press Reset.
> X  nnn   Machine Check  Messages. The terminal is not configured
correctly
> or is malfunctioning.
> Xnnn   Communication Check Messages. The communications link is
broken  or
> malfunctioning.
> X   You requested a Local Copy, but the printer  configured for the
> terminal session is not working. The keyboard locks  (keystrokes
queued)
> while this
> symbol is displayed.
>
>  X     You requested a Local Copy, but the printer  configured for
that
> logical terminal is in use.
> X -f   You requested a  function that is not supported. Press Reset
and
> select a valid function.
> X  >   You entered more data in a field than is allowed. Press Reset
and
> correct the entry.
> You tried to alter data  in a protected field. Press Reset.
>
> X -fX   You are not authorized to perform this function. Press Reset
and
> try a valid function.
> X PROGnnn   Program Check Messages. A program  error has occurred.
> X -S  You attempted to enter a graphic character  that is not
available.
> This character may not be in the Base Character Set.  Press Reset. Do
not
> select the symbol that caused the indicator to appear.
> X  '+?   You tried to enter an invalid character to be used with a
> Diacritic  key sequence. Press Reset and try a valid sequence.
>
> X NUM   You entered a keystroke other than numerics (0-9), a minus
sign, a
> period, a comma, or DUP in the 3270 numeric lock field. (3270
session)
> X ?+   You pressed the Response Time Monitor (RTM) key when the RTM

> function is not enabled.  Press Reset. (3270 session)
> X  <     All columns are entry field columns. Enter data to the  end
of the
> field. (5250 session)
> X      You must  enter the data in this field. (5250 session)
>
> X II   Operator input error occurred. (5250 session)
>

> Machine Check messages
>

> Some 68n messages may appear as either Communication or Machine
checks.
> The explanations for 68n codes also apply to 68n codes.
>
> For other Machine messages not listed, refer to the IBM 3270
Information
> Display System: Reference Summary .
>

> 201  A parity error was detected.
>
> 207  The  workstation failed to respond to a POLL from the control
unit.

> 209  The communication failed between the control unit  and the
> workstation. Take a PCSMON data-trace and consult your system
administrator.

> 240  The wotkstation is disconnected.
>
> 241  The host system has ended communications with the display
station.

> 601  Missing attribute.
>
> 604   Invalid translation table.
>
> 606  Internal error.
>
> 610  CNOS (C
hange Number of Session) failed. The cause  may be as
follows.

> · In the specified partner node, there is a session which has the
same
> Local LU name as that in the specified WorkStation Profile.
> · Link of  partner node is not active.  (Even if link of terminal and

> adjacent node is  active, sometimes link of partner node and adjacent
node
> could
> be inactive.)
> · Fully qualified partner LU name is invalid.
> · Partner LU rejected the  communication allocation request because
it
> could not start TP (LU6.2 Change  Number of Sessions) immediately.
>
> · Because the maximum number of local sessions for partner LU is 0,
the
> local LU cannot have a session.
> · Partner node is configured for the single  session(not the parallel

> session).
> · Before APPC allocated communication, an  unexpected session active

> protocol error occurred.
>

> 612  APPC internal error
>
> · The number of parallel LU-LU sessions reached maximum.
> · Insufficient  internal memory buffer for APPC, new communication
cannot
> be allocated.
>

> 615  The workstation receives negative response of Initial  Response

> Packet.
>
> 620  Unknown request.
>
> 631  Message received with Begin Command Chain set.
>
> 632  Message received without Begin Command Chain set.  .
>
> 633  No more data available.
>
> 634  More data available.
>
> 635  High-priority  request received.
>

> 636  More structured fields available.
>
> 640  Invalid message destination.
>
> 641  Buffer  space exhausted.
>
> 642  Message received from unknown  origin.
>
> 650  Unsupported function.
>
> 660  Unknown SPI function code.
>
> 670  Invalid keystroke-type received.
>
> 671   Invalid keystroke value-received.
>

> 68n  68n These messages have the same meaning as their 68n
counterparts.
> Please refer to COMM Messages.
>
> 690  The  coaxial cable is not connected to the communication
adapter, or
> the control unit  is not powered on.
>
> 691  The communication adapter is  defective or not installed.
>
> 692  The 3x74 control unit  is not configured with DFT support.
>

> 693  The control unit is not configured for SNA  Communication
protocol.

> 694  The control unit is not  configured for non-SNA Communication
> protocol.
>
> 697   The control unit does not support the Slow Device and Extended
AEDV
> Status  function.
>
> 698  OIA indicator array full.
>
> 699  OIA indicator is incorrect, while loading the  program symbols.
>
> Communication Check messages
>

> COMM messages are communication reminders that indicate status or
error
> conditions.
>
> Some 68n messages may appear as either  COMM or MACH checks.  The
> explanations for COMM 68n codes also apply to  MACH 68n codes.
>
> For COMM messages that are not listed,  please refer to the IBM 3270

> Information Display System: Reference Summary.
>

> 16  The network name specified for your PC  is already in use by
another PC
> on your LAN.
>
> 501  The  3274 or 3174 control unit is not on line to the host
system. With
> a Home3270  connection, the DSR (Data Set Ready) signal from the
modem or
> other  connection-device is not present.
>

> 504  There is no telephone connection with the host; you  must dial
the
> host to establish the connection. With a Home3270 connection, the  CD

> (Carrier
> Detect) signal from the modem or other connection-device is not
present.
> (3270 session)
> The workstation is waiting for null XID from  host to establish the
ADLC
> connection. (5250 session)
>
> 505  The host system is not operating or, if you have a leased SDLC

> connection, the link may be inoperative. (3270 session)
>
>   The workstation receives null XID and the ADLC link goes into
> negotiation stage. (5250 session)
>
> 510  The PU is not  active; the host has not activated the display
station.
> (3270 session)

The negotiation between the host and workstation has completed, and
the
> workstation is waiting for the acknowledge of VPD data. (5250
session)

> 518  A PIU (segment) was received out of  sequence.
> 519  A data block was received that exceeded the size  of the PIU.
>

> 645  The workstation failed to find a NetWare server.
>
> 646  LAN via Netware for SAA: The connection with the  NetWare server

> failed.
> SNA Node is not started for LAN, SDLC,  CommPort or Twinaxial
connection.
> LUA3270 via SNA Server: Microsoft  SNA Server has not started.
>
> 647  The workstation  failed to find the specified NetWare server.
>
> 648  The  workstation failed to attach to the specified NetWare
server.

> 649  The workstation failed to get the specified resources  from the

> NetWare server.
>
> 650  An internal error  occurred between workstation and NetWare
server.

> 651   Initializing FMI for NT Client
>
> 652  The local node  failure is reported by WDMOD.DLL for NT Client
>
> 653   The maximum number of sessions configured for this user has
been
> exceeded or  user does not have access to the LU name or POOL name
> configured
> for this  session.
>

> 654  TN3270E protocol only. This connection cannot be  established
because
> the specified LU name is already associated with another  Telnet
session, or

> it is not known to the server, or it is incompatible with the
requested LU
> type (terminal/printer mismatch, etc). Make sure the correct
TerminalType
> or TerminalTypeString is specified in the workstation profile and
the
> correct LU name is specified in the Telnet3270 advanced customization

> window.
>

> 655  Waiting for Telnet option-negotiation from the 3270 server  host
(3270
> session). Waiting for Telnet option-negotiation from the Telnet5250
server
> (5250 session).
>
> 656  Initializing the TCP/IP  Socket interface for Telnet3270 (3270
> session). Starting SNA server for LUA3270  via SNA Server (3270
session).
> Initializing the TCP/IP Socket interface for  Telnet5250 (5250
session).

> 657  Resolving Telnet3270  server host-domain name (3270 session).
> Resolving Telnet5250 server host-domain  name (5250 session).
>

> 658  Initializing the TCP connection for Telnet3270 (3270  session).

> Initializing the TCP connection for Telnet5250 (5250 session).
>
> 659  The Telnet3270 TCP connection has been cut off  (3270 session).
The
> Telnet5250 TCP connection has been cut off (5250 session).
>
> 661  Searching for the next available LU or Pool Name  on the
Microsoft SNA
> Server.
>
> 680  The workstation is  offline from the LAN during initialization.

> 681  The LAN adapter failed to initialize correctly.
>
> 682  The LAN adapter failed to open.
>
> 683  The LAN adapter DHB (send-buffer) size could not  be determined.

> 684  The SAP on the LAN adapter failed  to open.
>
> 685  The link-station connection failed.
>
> 686  The LAN gateway is not active or you specified  its address
> incorrectly.
>

> 687  The session with the LAN gateway is currently not  active.
>
> 688  The workstation is disconnected from the  LAN.
>
> 689  A TRANSMIT or RECEIVE command from the LAN  failed.
>
> 695  The workstation is off line from the  control unit.
>
> Program Check messages
>
> In order to resolve Program Check PROG 7nn problems, press  Reset and
try
> the operation again. If the problem persists, note the PROG  message
number
> and consult your system administrator.
>
> For other PROG messages not listed, refer to the  IBM 3270
Information
> Display System: Reference Summary .
>
> PROG 701  PC/3270 internal memory allocation failed  while loading
the
> Program Symbols.
>
> PROG  705  An SNA message was received out of sequence.
>

> PROG 706  An SNA message was  received with incorrect chaining.
>
> PROG  707  An SNA message was received with incorrect
 bracketing.

> [...]

> protocol was received.
>
> PROG 720  An SNA BIND command that specified an  incorrect common
protocol
> was received.
>
> PROG 723  An SNA BIND command that specified an incorrect LU type was

> received.
>
> PROG 724  An SNA BIND  command that specified an incorrect screen
size was
> received.
>
> PROG 725  An SNA BIND command that specified  cryptography was
received.

> PROG 726  An SNA inbound message was rejected. (3270 session)
>
> PROG 726  While checking security,  an error occurred. (5250 session)

> ·  Partner LU rejected the specified user ID or password.
> · Partner LU  rejected the communication allocation request, because
it
> could not start the TP  (DDM Synchronous Conversations).
> · Before APPC allocated the  communication, an internal SNA protocol
error
> occurred.
> · Because of  a temporary failure, the partner node deactivate the
session
> while allocation.
>

> User  Response:
>
> · When you mistakenly type the user ID or  password, the Logon panel
is
> displayed again. Type it again.
> · If you  execute the IPL for AS/400 after the session is built, this

> message is  displayed. When retry for the link level ends normally,
the
> Sign-on
> panel  appears. Wait until it appears.
> · For other cases, disconnect the  communication, and then connect it

> again.
>

> PROG 727  An outbound message was  destroyed.
>
> PROG 728  A read command  error has occurred for one of the following

> reasons:
>
> · The SNA message carrying a read command did not contain a change
> direction  indicator (CDI).
> · Either an end-of-chain indicator (ECI) or the  end-of-bracket
indicator
> (EBI) was on.
>

> PROG 729  A READ PARTITION command  was received while the
workstation was
> in retry state.
>
> PROG 731  An SNA BIND command that specified invalid  inbound RU size
and
> pacing count was received.
>
> PROG 732  An SNA BIND command that specified invalid  outbound RU
size and
> pacing count was received.
>
> PROG 735  An exception was detected while  compressing or
decompressing
> RUs.
>
> PROG  750  An invalid 3270 command was received.
>

> PROG 751  A START FIELD EXTENDED, MODIFY FIELD, or  SET ATTRIBUTE
order
> that specified an invalid character set was received.
>
> PROG 752  A SET BUFFER ADDRESS,  REPEAT TO ADDRESS, or ERASE
UNPROTECTED TO
> ADDRESS order that specified an  invalid address was received.
>
> PROG  753  One or more of the following conditions occurred:
>
> *  A READ MODIFIED, READ MODIFIED ALL, or READ  BUFFER command that
also
> contained data was received.
>

> *  A REPEAT TO ADDRESS or GRAPHIC  ESCAPE order that specified an
invalid
> character set was received.
>
> *  A START FIELD EXTENDED, MODIFY  FIELD, or SET ATTRIBUTE order that

> specified an invalid attribute value or  character set was received.

> PROG  754  One of the following commands was received without
required
> parameters:
>
> *  SE
T BUFFER ADDRESS