we use IBM PCCOM for CICS print .
why do you need to use a PDT? or think you should? IBM pccom is support PDT.
you can define in your VTAM several IP LU . and open several pcom on a
station where the printer is defined.

after trying to get the same result with HIS & EE i found this is the most
esieast way to deploy an IP print.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Andrew McLaren <amcll...@optusnet.com.au>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a situation where we'd like to replace SNA connections to remote
> printers with "pure" TCP/IP.
>
> The print devices are ordinary LAN printers like HP LaserJet, etc.
> Currently these are connected by DLSw-attached Microsoft HIS servers.
> Replacing DLSw with Enterprise Extender is not an option, for complicated
> business reasons :(
>
> One possibility is to use TN3270 printing, using the IBM TN3270 server on
> the host. However:
>
> - the only TN3270 Print emulators I can find are "workstation" style
> products, like Attachmate Extra or IBM PCOMM.
>
> - some print jobs may require formatting via PDT files.
>
> So my questions are:
>
> - are there any TN print servers/emulators which are scalable to "server"
> workloads, ie, printing thousands of pages a day and many concurrent print
> jobs from the host? Not just puny workstaion style printing.
>
> - are any TN3270 print emulators able to format complex jobs using PDT
> files, or similar?
>
> This site uses VPS printing from LRS. VPS/TCPIP is an option, but that is a
> large project which may take years to deploy (this is for a large bank). I
> need a tactical solution for the next 6-24 months, at least.
>
> Very grateful for any comments, suggestions, ideas or info!
>
> Regards to all IBM-MAIN folks,
>
> Andrew McLaren
> Sydney, Australia

best regards,