From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Donald Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 13:37
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Cobol routine to convert TEXT to displayable HEX

Hi guys and gals!

Does anyone have a routine (COBOL preferable) that converts a standard text
field into its HEX values?

For example, if I have a field 'BEFORE,' I want to be able to translate it to
CCCDDC
256695

or to C2C5C6D6D9C5.

My ultimate goal is the first choice (vertical format), but I can deal with
either. I will code this in my COBOL program, so that is why COBOL...I can do
it in other places easily, but I am trying to create a model program that is
self contained.

Thanks in advance!
* Don *

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at