I'm not sure, but I think IDMS (we are 14.2) still can't handle moving back an hour so we need to leave it down.

Last year (2004) for the change to EDT we had an operator who thought they remembered how to change the time on the sysplex timers, ended up changing GMT time instead of the local offset. We had to leave DB2 down for an hour when we changed it back.

I think if you use the oder NetView time commands instead of newer cron based ones it still needs to be bounced after the time change, both to and from EDT.

McGee, Cletus wrote:
I am new to this company here and one of the things they do is to shut
the system down on the fall time change and wait one hour before they
bring the system back up. Outside of scheduler issues, is there any
reason to do this? One that keeps coming up is the timestamp on VSAM
files being an issue. Some questions. One does anyone else do this and
if so why? Second, is there real reason why this should happen, if so
what are they?

Or are they just working off one bad past experience.

Thanks in advance.

Cletus McGee

Technical Services

(334) 394-3320