From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Ted MacNEIL
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2005 7:00 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: (fwd) Re: MEMLIMIT and IEFUSI

>And if management has not purchased the 4 terabytes of disk space per
DB2 region for backing store, who takes the heat when DB2 tries to get the
space.

DB2 is using 2GB, today.
Tomorrow, I put in V8.
And, it's suddenly using 4TB (or, 128)?

C'mon! These things don't happen overnight.

A DB2 sub-system can't use 4GB for bufferspace, unless it gets defined that
way.
If a DBA defines it without communicating it, then that DBA should be
working elsewhere.

-teD

In God we Trust!
All others bring data!
 -- W. Edwards Deming

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html