-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Rick Fochtman
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 5:26 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Delete all members of a PDS that is allocated

<SNIPPAGE>
That might work, as long as you have a mechanism for manipulating the
keys in the directory also. The last used block in the directory has a
key of X'FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF'.
<snip>

Yeah, there is that issue. I was trying to think of a way around STOW.
The xSAM writes of directory blocks would work, if you could get the KEY
of CKD involved.

However, if you did this and then immediately followed it by IEBCOPY for
compress, I wonder if that would solve all the problems. I guess I can
find out sometime tomorrow, when I have the time, to try this with
IDCAMS with a REPRO of a bunch of pseudo directory blocks...

Regards,
Steve Thompson