Kenneth
I would also be interested in any other z/OS Java discussion groups.
The one group I can refer you to is the z...@yahoogroups.com here:

This group has over 400 IBM mainframe system programmers on it following
evolution of z390 Portable Mainframe Assembler and Emulator which is
written entirely in J2SE Java.  It has been tested on Windows and Linux
and requires J2SE runtime 1.6+.  I am currently running it on J2SE 1.6.0_20
on both Windows Vista and Ubuntu LTS Linux.

Most of the discussion is about HLASM and z/OS emulation support of
services such as VSAM, CICS, DB2 etc, but occasionally we jump into
discussions about the Java code in pz390.java which emulates all the
problem state instructions in the POP manual.  The mz390.java and
az390.java macro assembler supports all the instructions in the POP
including supervisor state instructions plus a set of commonly used MVS/zOS
system service macros which map to z390 svc calls to java svc routines
such as TIME, GETMAIN, FREEMAIN, OPEN, CLOSE, READ, WRITE, GET, PUT, etc.

Don Higgins
d...@higgins.net