There is only one communication ECB supported by the operating system for
reflecting STOP or MODIFY commands to a task, but that task can certainly have
many other non-key-0 ECBs which it uses to communicate with its subtasks.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Binyamin Dissen
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 8:58 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Is Commuication ECB valid for subtask

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 09:46:34 -0400 Joe Reichman <joereich...@optonline.net>
wrote:

:>If I get address of a communication ECB in a main program then I create
:>subtasks should I be waiting on that ECB (for a stop or Modify command) in
:>the main program or in the subtasks as well

:>In other words Can the communication ECB be posted in the subtasks as well

I wouldn't think so a it is in key0 storage, but as there is bypass code for
wait perhaps there is also bypass code for post.

Only one task can wait on it.

http://www.dissensoftware.com