Since my subtask are waiting for work I post them to terminate

This automatically sets 40 bit on and clears the ECB

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Peter Relson
Sent: Monday, July 05, 2010 9:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: ECB parameter on attach

If I understand the posts, they so far have all been somewhat incorrect.

The ECB is posted upon termination of the subtask rather than when DETACH
is issued (though of course DETACH of a running task will lead to its
termination).
The subtask "program" is freed at termination of the subtask.

When ECB or ETXR is provided on the ATTACh, the TCB assocated with that
subtask is not freed until DETACH  is done.

This is the typical sequence:
-- ATTACH with ECB
-- attacher waits on ECB
-- subtask terminates (program is removed from storage, ECB is posted)
-- attacher does DETACH

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design