Do you have a test system where you can bring down JES2 and then restart it
with your new parms?

If not, when I had that error (and it might not be this) I had coded

JES2 does not like this code.  It likes /*  */

If you have SYSLOG, there are messages that tell you exactly the error just
before the REPLY END or CANCEL.  A SAD will capture the SYSLOG so you could
review it on a different system if need be through IPCS.

Lizette