-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Magen Margalit
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 8:29 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Max Use Count

Hi List,

We are ZOS 1.4 and DB2 7.1 site.

The last few days we have encountered a strange problem

We have a periodic batch job using

DB2 Stored Procedure (cobol) calling

other LMs including a call to module DPTACBTX.

We sometimes get the following Msgs in the DB2SPAS log

STC00153 CSV002I REQUESTS FOR MODULE DPTACBTX EXCEED MAXIMUM

USE COUNT

STC00153 CSV028I ABEND906-08 JOBNAME=DB2PSPAS

STEPNAME=DB2PSPAS

and the batch job is terminated.

After restarting the job it works fine - till next time

The DB2 SP is created with: STAY RESIDENT NO

the main program is not rent and not reus

and the failing module is not rent and REUS.

We have two directions:

A. The use count of the module increase in every call

to the SP under the DB2SPAS jobstep till it has

max use count...

it's not reloaded again since it has RU attribute,

B. since the module has RU attr under the

DB2SPAS jobstep any SP that would call

that module and work same time will cause an

abend.

The module is an external product module

so we can't relink...