gsg wrote:
I'm looking for a book that breaks down the interanls of MVS. I was talking to one of our SYSPROGS and he said there use to be a book that really broke everything down into real simple terms that was easy to understand. He couln't remember what the name was though. I'm sure it wasn't on MVS, probably much earlier. If anyone knows of such a book or have any recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

I suspect he is referring to MVS Extended Architecture Overview. Very old now but I suspect still quite good to get a handle on the concepts. A lot has changed since it was published, but there is probably more that hasn't...

Andrew Rowley

--

Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software Pty. Ltd.

EasySMF for z/OS: Interactive SMF Reports on Your PC
http://www.smfreports.com