With Allen, TORX, and other screws - the screw driver has to be pretty close
to perpendicular in order to apply large torque. That can be inconvenient in
a tight space. With the Robertson's tapered square hole, you can be
considerably off perpendicular and still apply a large torque without the
driver popping out or damaging the screw or driver. I do have a "special"
set of Allen wrenches with a ball shaped tip that allows the wrench to vary
considerably from perpendicular. However, you don't need a "special"
Robertson driver to get that function.