This is most likely an error in BPXPRMxx.  Possibly some sort of catalog
error.
The x'7A; return code in the BPXF029E message indicates an IO error
In addition:

Verify the correct mount attributes in BPXPRMxx (R or R/W)
Verify that you have started the ZFS address space correctly.
Verify the VSAM files are defined w/the LINEAR attribute.
Verify the files have data in them. Issue a IDCAMS LISTC ALL against the
entry and check the HURBA

IMO, the /tmp error message is a secondary symptom.

HTH,

<snip>
We are z/OS V1R11. I am trying to copy the OMVS (ZFS) files to my TEST
system. I used DFDSS logical dump and restore and I also renamed the
files using IDCAMS. When I IPL the test system I get the following
messages:

IEC161I 037(186,000,IGG0CLFT)-003,ZFS,ZFS,SYS00002,,,OMVS.PRDB.ROOT,,
834
IEC161I CATALOG.Z11.PRDB.MASTER
IOEZ00003E While opening minor device 10000, could not open dataset
OMVS.PRDB.ROOT.
BPXF029E ROOT FILE SYSTEM OMVS.PRDB.ROOT 836
WAS NOT MOUNTED.  RETURN CODE = 0000007A, REASON CODE = EF096058
BPXF002I FILE SYSTEM /tmp WAS 837
NOT MOUNTED.  RETURN CODE = 00000086, REASON CODE = 052C04DC
</snip>