Doing "anything" thousands of times is very likely NOT a good idea.  Sounds
like a serious problem with MFE 7.0 to me.

I don't know the history of DEALLOC.  From SMP/E on z/OS 1.11:

  Entry Type:  PROC                                     Zone Name: MVST100
  Entry Name:  DEALLOC                                  Zone Type: TARGET

                                           LASTUPD: HBB7760  TYPE=ADD

FMID      HBB7760
RMID      HBB7760
DISTLIB   APROCLIB
SYSLIB    PROCLIB

Clearly IBM ships this proc to every customer, but I was able to find no
documentation in the current manuals describing what this proc is for.

Further, I suspect that enhancements to z/OS Allocation in the area of Vary
Device processing over the last few z/OS releases have rendered this proc
obsolete.

Maybe someone from IBM, or perhaps someone on this list more familiar with
the oddities of OS/360, could chime in to explain what DEALLOC is/was
intended to accomplish.

Brian