Being lazy, I always used "S S".  Since I already had one finger on the "S", I
could type the command faster.

(Correct, I am not a touch-typist.  Universities didn't teach CS in my day, nor
did schools teach keyboarding skills.)

Also, ISTR that when someone deleted procedure "S", the process still worked.
In other words,
the proc not found JCL error was still good enough to drive allocation.  But
perhaps I'm misremembering.  :(