>I'm not sure I follow this - just how are DLL's comparable to PDS's?

They hold more than one 'member' of executable run time modules, similar to
SEERUN, for example.

Even the name 'Dynamic Link Library' could be comparable.

But, remember 'comparable' does not mean exact.
They are also more limited than z/OS libraries.

Also, multi-membered ZIP files could be (loosely) compared, as well.

Somebody stated there were no equivalents on other OS's.

At the risk of being pedantic, I came up with an example.

-
I'm a SuperHero with neither powers, nor motivation!
Kimota!