This is somewhat off of what you did Rick but it is similar (IMO). We had 4
computers 2 mod 30's that ran DOS and 2 mod 50's that ran MFT (this was in the
early 70's).between the 30's we had (one) 2311 for a res pack.In order to do a
sysgen on the DOS system I created a macro library from the DOS system and used
the MFT assembler to create the stage 2 (long story if you want me to go into
it).The sysgen really flew on MFT and the stage 1 was done probably 20
minutes. I took the "punched" output and read it in on DOS and sit back and let
it run. I was working 12 hour shifts at the time and the damn stage 2 was still
running when I went home. It continued to run for a total of 36 hours(!). I do
not think the 30's ever saw so much cpu activity as they were basically used
for printing tapes.
Ed