On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:00:00 GMT, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> One of these days I'm going to learn what FSVO means.

    http://www.google.com/search?q=FSVO+acronym

Yah, I know that's kinda like RTFM:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=RTFM+acronym

... I guess that thread just kinda drifted over from TSO-REXX.

> But, supported means they will fix problems, bugs, and usability issues.

I'd say your chances are better with Info-ZIP than with Microsoft.  But that
argument is rarely used successfully against a Microsoft purchase decision.
As ESR ( http://www.google.com/search?q=ESR+initials ) says (roughly):
Do you want to be able to get the problem fixed, or do you just want to
be able to sue somebody?

-- gil
--
StorageTek