I created sandbox sysplex within one CPC (shared CPs for both MVS and CF LPARs, IC channels). I observed significant performance improvement when changed GRS from ring to star mode. I didn't notice such improvement, when changed XCF transport from CTC (ESCON) to CF structures. From the other hand I was told that there is not noticeable difference between ring mode and star mode for two-member sysplex.

Is the difference because of star mode advantage or just I have something something to tune when using ring mode ?
BTW: I don't want to use ring, it's just curiosity.

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland