From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu]on
Behalf Of Meganen Naidoo
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 8:12 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Encryption Software products

Hi everyone,
One of our smaller clients, running on a Z9-BC, encryption requirements is
for encryption of data at rest, encryption of tape data, support the
OpenPGP format and usage of digital certificates.
IBM's Encryption Facility for z/OS V1.2 has all of the required
functionality but a crypto card is required to use digital certificates,
making it a very expensive option.

On to my question then. I'm looking for advice, experiences and
recommendations of mainframe encryption software that will address the
clients encryption requirements
without any need for crypto hardware.

Kind Regards,
Meganen Naidoo