-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List On Behalf Of MONTERO ROMERO, ENRIQUE
ELOI
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:26 AM

I am trying to run a RMM command from a REXX program on batch mode, but
get this message:
EDG3001E DFSMSRMM SUBSYSTEM IS NOT ACTIVE
But when using it online it works fine.

Let me explain.
The REXX has coded an "RMM SD ..." instruction I want to be executed
just to get the datasets and some other values within a volser.

If I execute it into TSO ISPF command shell (option 6) : exec
'MYUSER.CNTL.LIBRARY(PRUEBA3)' 'VOL021', it shows me the correct output
I want.

But if I try to execute it from batch :

//REXX1     EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01,REGION=0M
//SYSEXEC   DD DSN=MYUSER.CNTL.LIBRARY,DISP=SHR
//SYSTSPRT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSDBOUT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSOUT    DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSTSIN   DD *
EXEC 'MYUSER.CNTL.LIBRARY(PRUEBA3)' 'VOL021'

It shows this output message :
READY
EXEC 'MYUSER.CNTL.LIBRARY(PRUEBA3)' 'VOL021'
EDG3001E DFSMSRMM SUBSYSTEM IS NOT ACTIVE
READY
END

Is there some explanation or solution?