richbourg.cla...@mail.dc.state.fl.us (Richbourg, Claude) writes:
> I was cleaning out my office today and found an old IBM manual from
> February 1998:
>
> The Year 2000 and 2-Digit Dates:
>
> A Guide for Planning and Implementation       GC28-1251-08

in the early 80s, one of the online conferences on the internal network
was discussions about the upcoming problems with dates and the end of
the century (CENTURY forum). i've periodicly reposted somebody's
contribution regarding other kinds of computer date problems that they
had encountered (person was at nasa houston) ...
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/99.html#24 BA Solves Y2k (Was: Re: Chinese Solve
Y2k)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2000.html#94 Those who do not learn from history...
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2003p.html#21 Sun researchers: Computers do bad
math ;)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006r.html#16 Was FORTRAN buggy?
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006u.html#35 Friday fun - Discovery on the pad and
the software's not done
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2009n.html#53 Long parms...again

misc. past posts mentioning internal network (was larger than
arpanet/internet from just about the beginning until possibly late '85
or early '86)
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subnetwork.html#internalnet

recent thread in linkedin science center alumni blog about
the invention of the internal network:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010l.html#74 CSC History
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010l.html#84 CSC History
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010m.html#22 CSC History