Alan Altmark wrote:
People who say it won't work are probably aware of certain configurations
where it won't, in fact, work.   Those who say it WILL work haven't talked
to the nay-sayers.  :-)

After we successfully brought up z/OS 1.4 on our z10, I told all of the (people you call) "nay sayers" about it and they were genuinely surprised. It turned out that none of them had ever actually tried it or knew anyone else that had. They simply believed what they had been told by their technical sources, who had in-turn been advised by their technical sources, and so on.

I suggested a better answer would have been, "I don't know if it will work or not. It's not a supported configuration." They agreed.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc