Hmmm. Thanks. I guess I'll stick with F server,STATS

Charles

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf
Of Rob Scott
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2010 10:14 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: DISPLAY command for non-IBM started tasks

Charles

As far as I am aware, there is no *easy* way for you to get your software to
respond to just "D FOO,BAR"

You would have to have a subsystem and process the broadcast function code
10 (system commands). You could then intercept the command string that you
seek and queue it up for your server code to handle.

However, the normal way that software does this is to register a command
prefix so that clashes are avoided with other software products and
subsystems - so in the end you will end up with something like (xxxx being
your command prefix) :

        xxxx D FOO,BAR

It is subjective if that is preferable to "F server,D FOO,BAR"