I am experimenting building 64-bit C programs on my z/OS 1.9 system using
the following:

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int
main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    fprintf(stdout,"Hello world!\n");
}

When I use the supplied proc ³EDCQCBG² to do a compile, link and go I get
the following message from the bind step:

IEW2456E 9207 SYMBOL FPRINTF UNRESOLVED.  MEMBER COULD NOT BE INCLUDED FROM
THE DESIGNATED CALL LIBRARY.

The output of the Bind step shows a reference to FPRINTF:

IEW2322I 1220  159    IMPORT CODE64,CELQV003,'fprintf',06D
IEW2322I 1220  160    IMPORT CODE64,CELQV003,'FPRINTF',06D

A 31-bit build works okay using the EDCCLG procedure.

Instead of using the procedure I created the JCL from scratch. The bind
portion looks like this:

//BIND    EXEC PGM=IEWL,REGION=20M,COND=(8,LT,COMPILE),
//             PARM='MAP,RENT,DYNAM=DLL,CASE=MIXED,LIST=NOIMP'
//STEPLIB  DD  DSN=CEE.SCEERUN2,DISP=SHR
//         DD  DSN=CEE.SCEERUN,DISP=SHR
//SYSLIB   DD  DSN=CEE.SCEEBND2,DISP=SHR
//SYSPRINT DD  SYSOUT=*
//SYSLIN   DD  DSN=*.COMPILE.SYSLIN,DISP=(OLD,DELETE)
//         DD  DSN=CEE.SCEELIB(CELQS003),DISP=SHR
//         DD  DDNAME=SYSIN
//SYSIN    DD  *
NAME TESTC(R)
/*
//SYSLMOD  DD  DSN=IBMUSER.LOAD,DISP=OLD
//SYSDEFSD DD  DUMMY

This time I am getting:

IEW2721S DA0B OUTPUT DATA SET FOR DDNAME SYSLMOD AND DATA SET NAME
IBMUSER.LOAD IS NOT A PARTITIONED DATA SET OR PDSE.

I created the IBMUSER.LOAD PDSE using the following job:

//ALLOCDS  JOB 51315,
//             IBMUSER,
//             NOTIFY=SNAVM4.NEALE,
//             MSGLEVEL=(1,1)