IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 11/05/2005
07:31:49 PM:

> Hi,
>
> is there a cblock or macro which contains/returns the SSID like
> the commands DS QD,A000,1 or DS,QP,A000,VOLUME shows?
>
> Perhaps I need to query the device but I'm not sure.

  I think DS obtains the SSID via a
Sense Subsystem Status   channel command.  I don't know whether
this is documented in a manual which you can obtain.  I searched around
in the online manuals looking for something current which would be
analgous to the old 3990 Reference, but couldn't find anything.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY