From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Steve Comstock
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 12:06 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Simple JCL Question

Bernd Oppolzer wrote:
> Hello IBM-Main,
>
> can I split a PARM on the EXEC statement, which is too long, in two
> parts (on two lines), without having a comma inserted?
>
> Thanks, regards
>
> Bernd

Yes. For example:

//STEPPER  EXEC PGM=MYPROG,PARM='BLAH BLAH BLAH .... BLA
//             H BLAH BLAH'

That is:

* Code the parm string up to and including col. 71 (do not close the quotes)
* resume the string exactly in col. 16

that should do it.

HTH.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
   + Training your people is an excellent investment

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html